Road Surface Properties and Conditions Survey System
Surveys and Consulting
- Road Surface Properties and Conditions Survey System
- Nondestructive Pavement Structure Diagnosis System
- Bridge deck survey system
- Road Pavement Environmental Safeguard Diagnosis System
- Management of Road and Pavement
ROMEN CATCHER LY Jr.
ROMEN CATCHER LY Jr. is a road surface condition survey vehicle that passed the performance test for automatic road surface condition measuring equipment and is capable of safely implementing surveys even on narrow roads.
- Simultaneous acquisition of vertical direction acceleration, road crack imaging, and cross section profile by the survey vehicle
- Recording of photographs
- The road surface condition is evaluated indoors using the acquired data
1.Longitudinal irregularities (IRI: International Roughness Index): Visual evaluation of IRI from the vertical acceleration standard deviation and the images. 2. Rutting: Evaluation complying with the “Method using a road surface condition measuring vehicle” described in the “Pavement Surveying and Testing Handbook”. 3. Road cracks: Evaluation complying with the “Method using a road surface condition measuring vehicle” described in the “Pavement Surveying and Testing Handbook”. 4. No. of patches: Counting of the number of patches in the section being evaluated from the images.
|Distance measurement||Within ±0.5% of the actual measurement made using a tape|
|Road crack measurement||Possible to recognize cracks that are 1mm or wider|
|Rutting measurement||Within ±3mm of the measured value of the cross section profile meter|
|Roughness measurement||Within ±30% of the measured value of the longitudinal profile meter|
Additionally, from the survey results, the following types of products can be created.
・Documentation in tables of road surface conditions※
※Supports the description formats (Format A, Format B) in the “Comprehensive Inspection Implementation Outline (Proposed) [Pavement Edition]” of the Ministry of Land, Infrastructure, Transport and Tourism
- Recording of photographs:Recording of photographs: Cloud-based system “PH-MAP.web”
- Visualization of damage conditions: “Damage Condition Color Map (MCI Color Map)”