OverviewPOLYPHALT SS is a polymer modified asphalt type II that is mainly used in asphalt paving of roads subject to heavy traffic.
Because it has both rubber-like properties and resin-like properties, it exhibits outstanding plastic deformation resistance, wear resistance, and flexibility.
Compared to straight asphalt, POLYPHALT SS has the following features.
- The aggregate gripping power is strong, and it has outstanding resistance to stripping.
- Exhibits a high resistance to wear caused by the use of tire chains in cold regions.
- Has a high plastic deformation resistance even at hot temperatures.
- Surface layers and base courses of roads subject to heavy traffic
- Locations such as intersections and bus stops where vehicles move at slow speeds
- Bridge surface paving
- Locations such as docks, truck terminals and piers where heavy vehicles operate
- Airport paving